Thursday 4 June 2009

Working in Rutland

As I mentioned in my last post, I have recently started a job as a Wine Merchant. In other parts of the world this may imply a level of effort and pressure. In Rutland things are a little more relaxed:
12.45 Turn up for monthly sales meeting. As I'm new, there is another sales person I haven't met before - turns out she's an ex grand prix dressage rider so we talk horses.
1pm Champagne poured and lunch served - smoked salmon blinis, Camembert, salad, cold meats, strawberries and clotted cream. Sales Director says stuff about work (wasn't really listening to that bit) and pours various whites and reds (tasting don't you know) while we eat.
2pm Some calls to some very friendly people and chats about the weather, enlivened by a superb NZ Reisling
4pm To pub as no-one in 4-6pm. Two hours and three glasses of Sauvignon Blanc later....
6.15pm Another couple of hours calls to lovely chatty people, washed down with plenty of SA Pinotage
8pm Lift home from a colleague (retired MD of a national catering company) as a little over the limit...
Another tough day at work.
And I thought getting paid for walking was a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment